On a lazy Sunday, many people like wearing pajama shorts to lounge around. However, what should you do if you cannot find the perfect pajama shorts? Here, the good news is that now you can easily make your own boxer shorts.
Prepare some necessary materials
- 1 yard cotton fabric
- 1 yard 2″ wide elastic
- Free boxer short pattern
- Sewing needle
- Coordinating thread
- Sewing machine
Steps to make boxer shorts
- Print out the pattern pages, tape them together at the gray page borders, and cut out pattern size.
Note: The pattern includes a 1/2 inch seam allowance.
- Fold fabric in half and keep the wrong sides together. Then, secure the paper pattern on the top of the folded fabric. Next, cut out pattern pieces from the fabric to get two image pattern pieces (‘Front’ and ‘Back’).
- Sew the crotch seam of the ‘Front’ pattern pieces, and clip curved seam edges. Repeat this process for the ‘Back’ pattern pieces. You can simply stitch your exposed seams with serrated or zigzag stitches. You can simply cut along the raw seam edge if you are using pink scissors.
- Put your “Front” and “Back” patterns pieces right sides together, and pin along the side seams and sew. Complete the seams as described in the previous steps.
- Pin together the inner leg seam
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: