Bed bugs like our bed because this warm and dry place contains ready food. How to identify if your bed has bed bugs? How to keep your bed bugs free?
Tips for Discovering Bed Bugs
- A series of red bite marks on bed
- Brown or reddish stains on bedding
- A smell of coriander in your bedroom
Carefully pull back the seams of your mattress to check for bed bugs, as they often hide out in the seams of your mattress and headboard and may also live in the carpets.
Tips for Getting Rid of Bed Bugs
It is difficult to get rid of bed bugs. You can get rid of small infestations by yourself. You need professional help to get rid of large infestations.
- Be meticulous in your cleaning routine because bed bugs don’t like clean spaces.
- Wash all bedding and dry it on as high a temperature is possible.
- You can vacuum the whole bedroom only when the bedding is removed. When vacuuming, you should reach as far under the bed as possible, and use the vacuum cleaner’s attachments to Hoover all around the bed frame and headboard.
- Pull back and folds or seams in the mattress and vacuum along them.
- Lift the mattress off the divan base or bed frame and vacuum thoroughly beneath it.
- Use a steam cleaner to steam the mattress and bed frame, killing any remaining bed bugs and dust mites.
Tips for Preventing Bed Bugs Return
Keep up the cleaning routine all around the house but particularly in the bedroom.
Wash your bedding at least once a week and continue to vacuum the room thoroughly.
Restoring Your Peace of Mind
It is difficult to get your peace of mind back after an infestation of bed bugs. Investing mattress and pillow protectors can prevent bed bugs. Wash mattress and pillow protectors weekly along with the other bedding. Adding a mattress and pillow protectors are a great choice for people who suffer from Asthma since they can protect people from dust mite.
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: