Mold happens in wood, tiles, fabric and other surfaces. This is a common problem for us. However, if this happens on silk, normal mold removal solutions will not work. Fortunately, you can try an all-natural mold remover to get mold off silk ties without damaging the fabric.
Steps to Get Mold off Silk Ties
- Place the silk tie on the horizontal position, and use a damp cloth the remove the surface mold.
- Pour the same amount of white vinegar and water into the small container. Soak a piece of cloth in the mixture and squeeze it.
- Wrap the silk tie with the damp cloth. Vinegar, an all-natural deodorant and cleanser, can kill mold and mildew without using irritating chemicals.
- Rinse silk tie in cold water, and then place it on a clean towel. Next, roll up them to make the towel absorb water from the silk tie. Repeat this procedure several times with a dry towel until the tie does not drip.
- Finally, place the tie on a dry towel and allow it to dry. Avoid direct sunlight.
Don’t use bleach on your silk items.