Please remove silk stains as quickly as possible for stains will set in quickly on silk to dry.
Grease or oil satins
- Rinse silk with cool water.
- Remove grease by applying talcum powder.
- Put blotting paper (or part of a brown paper sack if that’s all you have) below and above the stain.
- Gently iron through the blotter.
- Rinse silk in cold water to remove deodorant stains.
- Use a sponge to apply a 1:1 mixture of water and ammonia.
- Rinse it with cold water.
- To remove lipstick and some other makeup stains from silk, you can place a bit of masking tape over the stain and quickly remove the tape.
- To get any remaining color off, you can add a little talcum powder.