Manufactures like using silk to make different styles of pants, since silk not only look and feel against the skin but also can keep people cool in warm weather and warm in cold weather. However, users who own silk pants need to know how to safely clean them.
Checking the Label Firstly
Before washing silk pants, please read the label carefully. For “Dry Cleaning Only” pants, you need to send them to dry cleaner.
How to Make Color Fastness Test
- In most cases, if you wash pants with bright colors and bold prints, they will fade. Thus, you should make a color fastness test before washing.
- Dampen an inconspicuous part of the garment.
- Press paper towels on each side of the wet spot.
- If color doesn’t appear on the paper towels, wash them at home. Otherwise, take them to dry cleaner.
How to Hand Washing Pants
- Pour warm water in a tub or sink.
- Add laundry detergent designed for delicate clothing to it.
- Submerse the pants in the water.
- Lightly agitate pants for three to five minutes.
- Rinse pants with fresh water.
- Place pants on towel, roll them and gently press them to remove excess water.
- Place pants on a flat drying rack to finish the drying process.
- Iron pants with the lowest setting or hang pants in a steamy bathroom while showering to remove wrinkles and give them a professional look.
Alternatively, you can wash your pants by using the machine’s gentlest cycle along with cold water.
How to Remove Stains from Pants
Blot spills spot with water and a white cloth to remove them as much as possible.
If stains still exist after regular washing, take pants to dry cleaner to remove stains.