Sleepwear is not only a dress, but also a wardrobe staple. In general, without sleepwear, the wardrobe will not be complete. When it comes to comfortable wear, we always think of sleepwear first.
Sleepwear has different color, style, and size to meet different demands.
What is considered as good sleepwear
- Comfort: Comfort is the reason we wear sleepwear for we all need a good sleep, a healthy and a good life.
- Fabric: It is recommended to select cotton or silk sleepwear, for it can help your skin breathe and let you relax.
- Size: It is recommended to choose loose fitting sleepwear for it offers more comfort and ease.
- Design: Simple is better.
- Season: In winter, you can wear nylons or thermal fabrics sleepwear. In summer, you can wear cotton or silk sleepwear.
Types of Sleepwear
Choose the most suitable sleep wear according to your body type. For instance, if you are tall but slim, you can choose Pajamas. If you are little fat, you can wear boxer shorts, camisoles, sleep shirts and nighties.
- Babydolls: Babydolls are shorter and most of them are classified as underwear. They are loosely fitted, usually made to feature no sleeves at all, which can be made of pure fabrics with shoelaces and trims.
- Nightgowns: Nightgown has two styles: the sexy negligee and the flannel granny. Nightgowns are made of cotton, silk, satin, nylon, and flannels, and have a variety of versions, design style. They are loose, free clothes that are designed to ensure comfort and flexibility.
- Negligees: Negligees are loose, emotional, sexy, porn, and chic, and they are your best companion. They are made of sheer fabrics to allow your skin to breathe and show the best of you. Usually, negligees are made of silk. They may vary in length. You can wear one to reach your ankles, or one to reach your knees or above.
- Chemises: Chemises, modeled baby lines, are very delicate, loose, sleeveless, shirt-style clothing. And, they are usually worn with baby dolls or bikinis. Chemises are made of silk. To make chemises appealing and sexy, manufactures always add laces, trimmings, bows, etc. on it. However, they are shorter and reach the middle of your thighs.
- Peignoir: Peignoir, a sexy, highly and long coat for women, is made of some light transparent material, while chiffon is still a popular choice. They are usually sold with matching nightgown, negligee or panties.
- Pajamas: Pajamas are classic and comfortable, and have a lot of styles to provide you with moderate coverage and comfort. They include shirts or T-shirts. They not only can be made of silk, satin, cotton, polyester, nylon, flannels and so on, but also can be made of wired or can have some elasticity, buttons or hooks. Men and women, old and young, all like pajamas. The results vary for different people. To be specific, children’s pajamas are designed to be more practical. Footie can cover children from head to toe, thus this is a good choice for children. Some of these pajamas have a three-piece suit, including shirts, pajamas and robes. Different pajamas have different patterns including superman, cartoon and WWE characters. In general, men will don’t care where they are silks or satins. However, women have different range options. They will choose different nightwear for different occasion.
- Robes: The robe is usually worn by men in the east. But, as times go on, almost everyone in the world wear it now. There are different kinds of robes, including bath robes, terry-cloth robes or a bed jacket. For instance, bed jacket, a jacket like robe, can be worn in bed, over your camisoles, pajamas, negligees or deep-plunging necklines.
- Sleep Shirts/ Night Shirts: Sleep Shirts will give you a comfortable sleep because they are usually of soft and breathable knits. Some underwear manufacturers also use the classic oversized shirt style with more elegant fabrics to make satin or silk night shirts. Oversized T-shirt, made of cotton, silks, satins, flannels, can also be used as night shirts. And they can be long or short. However, they have sleeves, and sleeves are either small or full. And, sleep shirts are for male and female.
- Slips: Slip, made of linens, satins, cottons, is sleeveless and of full length, which is worn under clothing and over the underwear to provide a shape and a smooth finish underneath a dress. Mini slips are also available, and girl can wear it under the miniskirt.
- Teddy: In a romantic night, women may wear a teddy for a sexy and hot look. Teddies are also available in two pieces including a Camisole like top and a fuller lower portion for the garment, just like swimwear.
- Do not wear sleep wear made of nylons, polyesters, woolens and acrylics.
- Do not wear sleepwear with frills, beads and sequins.
- Different Types Of Silk Fabric With Pictures
- Different Types Of Fibers With Pictures & Their Properties
- Different Types Of Synthetic Fibres With Pictures & Their Uses
- Different Types Of Woven Fabric With Pictures & Their Uses
- Different Types Of Indian Silk Sarees With Pictures
- Different Types Of Clothing Materials With Pictures & Their Uses
- Different Types of Bed Sheet Fabrics & Materials
- Silk Sleepwear Nightwear Buying Guide – Different Types of Sleepwear
- Different Types of Bed Sheets: Microfiber, Cotton, Bamboo & Silk
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: