What should you do if your favorite silk clothing has some ink stains? People like wearing silk clothing because it is very delicate, but on the other hand people cannot use anything to remove its stain. And, washing it with a machine is not a good choice. In fact, you should remove the ink stains quickly.
Steps to Remove Ink Stains from Silk
- Place a towel under the stain area to prevent anything from rubbing off, staining other areas of clothing.
- Gently wipe spots with another towel. Once it is wet, apply some hair spray on the spots. Alcohol can break up the ink stains.
- Mix equal amounts of dish washing liquid, water and vinegar (little vinegar) into a bowel to create a small solution. Then, pour the solution into a spray bottle and apply it on the stain to easily remove ink stains.
- After about 30 minutes, rinse the silk item with water.
- Use an old towel to wipe ink stains with alcohol. The ink should begin to fall on the wash cloth with alcohol. Continue with this procedure. If the stain still exists, you should repeat all processes until it disappears. After completely remove stains, you can clean your silk as usual.