To keep your silk lampshades looking their best, you should regular dust it with the brush attachment on a vacuum cleaner. If age or staining causes the shadow, you need to clean it in more depth.
Steps to Clean Silk Lampshades
- Use the brush attachment of the vacuum cleaner to dry it out to remove dust from the shadows. Be sure to pull the dust out of all the pleats and crevices on the lampshade.
- Pour enough warm water into your bathtub or a large clean container to completely cover the shadows. Then, add a gentle detergent powder for the baby design, or one designed for hand washing silk and other subtle fabrics.
- Collect some soap on a soft brush or a clean cloth, and use them to gently wipe away any stains or black spots on the lamp cover with a circular motion.
- Immerse the entire lampshade in the water and then shake up and down.
- Repeat the above steps until the shade no longer makes the water dirty.
- After cleaning, rinse the lampshade with warm water to get all of the soap out of the shade.
- Finally, dry it.
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: