As time goes by, silk will turn yellow. Fortunately, a simple vinegar cleaning solution will provide enough cleaning power to restore the original color of your silk.
Things you want to know
- Mix 16 oz. of warm water, 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar, 1 tablespoon salt and 1 tablespoon water softener in a bowl or other large container. Stir it until all the ingredients are mixed together.
- Submerge your silk slices into the vinegar cleaning solution.
- Use a soft sponge to gently wipe the stain with a circular motion until the stain disappears.
- Under warm water, run the silk piece to remove the vinegar cleaning solution. You should not squeeze or twist the wire.
- Place the silk piece on a clean towel, and then roll it with moderate force to squeeze excess water from the silk.
- Hang the silk in your house to dry.
Store silk in a fabric container such as a pillow case for storage. Long-term exposure to moisture can lead to yellowing.
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: