- Determine stains. Deal with stains as soon as possible. If not, some stains especially alcohol stains may damage the silk.
- Test the color fastness to make sure the clothes will not bleed dye during the washing process. Place a drop of liquid Caswell soap on inconspicuous place of the silk and rinse it. If there is no dye flushing, the item is opaque.
- Use baking soda to neutralize the acid to remove spot stains.
- Use a solvent to gently touch the adhesives stains.
- Immediately use warm water sponge to remove alcohol stains after spill. If the stain still exists, you can try using semi-denatured alcohol (or wood alcohol) and semi-aqueous ammonia to rinse it. This also can help to remove makeup stains.
- Rinse blood stains with cold water. Use enzyme solution to pre-soak it.
- Apply some detergent on chocolate stains, and then use a toothbrush to gently scrub it.
- Use a low pH detergent to wash clothes in the sink.
- Gently press water from the fabric, and let it dry.
- If all methods fail, consult the dry-cleaning machine
- Immediately rinse all stains with warm water to remove them. Hang the shirt in the hanger to fill the hanger to help them keep their shape. Iron many silks with low heat to eliminate wrinkles.
- Never use bleach for it will ruin the fabric.
Also available in: French