Made from wheat, starch is used to stiffen clothes to give them a crisp look. People always turn to professionals to dry clean their clothes for a neat look. In fact, you can starch your silk clothes at home yourself. Liquid starch is the best choice for silk. Adjust the amount of starch to change the impact on the clothes. Spray starch can also be used to dry clean silk. But, you had better not use this method, for it will leave white starch spots on silk.
- Plus Size Silk Sleepwear
- Silk Robes for Women
- Silk Robes for Men
- Silk Pajamas for Women
- Silk Pajamas for Men
- Silk Nightgowns for Women
- According to the instructions on the bottle, mix the liquid starch with the water in the spray bottle.
- Adjust the amount of liquid starch according to your actual needs. In general, 1/2 of the mixture is starch. Do not mix thoroughly. Otherwise, white sports will appear on the clothing.
- Use starch mixture to spray the silk. Let an even coat soak in starch.
- Place the cloth on a flat surface to dry it. You can use a hair dryer to speed up the process.
- Put the iron in steam mode. Turn the cloth inside out in case of white spots. Iron it in the usual way.
- Mix 1/4 cup corn starch with 1/2 cup cold water to make your own starch. Then mix this starch with 4 cups of boiling water. After that, cool the mixture.
- Shake the mixture before use.
- Continue to press up and down movement to keep the original shape of clothing. Never let iron sit on the clothing, for the starch will cause it to burn.
- To prevent brown spots forming on the board, you should put a thick cloth on the ironing board.