Step 1. Determine the Type of Satin
Before washing, you need to check the manufacturer tag on the hem or bottom side of the sheet to know what kind of satin sheets you have.
- Satin sheets made of polyester or nylon can be washed in a large machine or by professional dry-cleaners.
- Satin sheets made of acetate or silk can be washed by hand. If you are not sure about what kind of satin sheets you have, you had better wash them by hand.
Step 2. Wash Satin Sheets
Wash silk or acetate satin sheets
Silk or acetate satin sheets can be dry-cleaned, saving you some time. While you can wash these sheets by hand to save some money. Wash silk or acetate satin sheets with a laundry detergent in cold water.
Wash polyester or nylon satin sheets
You can simply put polyester or nylon satin sheets in a machine, add laundry detergent, and set the delicate cycle to wash them.
Whether hand washing or machine washing, you need to use a laundry detergent that is designed specifically for delicate fabrics.
Step 3. Dry Satin Sheets
Dry silk or acetate satin sheets
- Wring silk or acetate satin sheets out individually. Do not twist them tight.
- Hang up your sheets and keep it out of direct sunlight. You can hang your satin sheets up on your shower rod or even on tables and chairs if you don’t have clotheslines.
Dry polyester or nylon satin sheets
- Put your polyester and nylon satin sheets in a dryer.
- Select the ‘low heat’ or ‘no heat’ section on your dryer.
- Check your sheets about every fifteen minutes to keep them from getting tangled.
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: