How to get sweat stain out of silk sheets?
- Place sweat-stained silk bed sheets on a work surface, and keep the sweat stain facing up.
- Mix equal parts ammonia and water in a bowl.
- Soak a clean sponge in the mixture.
- Dab at the sweat stain.
- Let the ammonia solution sit on the sweat stain for a couple of minutes.
- Use cool water to rinse the sweat stain.
For old sweat stain, you can mix 1 tbsp. white vinegar in 1/2 cup cool water, and then sponge the diluted vinegar on the sweat stain to remove the alkaline, and remove the discoloration and any remaining sweat stain and odor.
It is recommended to quickly remove sweat stains, for those stains can cause discoloration.