Read the bedding’s care label carefully before washing your comforter. If it says dry cleaning only, you have to take your comforters to dry cleaner. What’s more, different types of comforters require different ways to clean. For silk filled comforters, you must be very careful for the delicate nature of silk fibers.
How to Clean Silk Comforters
PandaSilk.com offers pure mulberry silk filled comforters.
- The comforter shell is a basic method to maintain the integrity of silk fillings, please don’t consider the shell as a duvet cover, put the silk comforter bought from us directly into a better professional duvet cover, either a cotton duvet cover or a silk duvet cover which you can buy from us.
- Never try to take the silk fillings out of the cotton shell, which usually ends up destroying the integrity of fillings.
- The key point is: Avoid getting silk fillings dirty, use duvet cover to protect it.
- Silk fillings should never be immersed in water. Neither hand wash nor machine wash.
- Never place silk fillings into dryer. You can put it under sunshine for a hour. Avoid strong summer sunshine.
- If you have stained your silk duvet cover, simply take the duvet cover off and wash the duvet cover.
When it comes to Polyester Comforters, things are much easier. Polyester fibers are not delicate, you can do what you like, wash it with washing machines, dry cleaning, put it under strong sunshine, no problem!
How to Wash Polyester Comforters with Washing Machine
- Prepare a larger washing machine.
- Use a gentle detergent to wash it. Do not use chlorine bleach because it breaks down the bedding or fabric of bedding.
- Use delicate or hand wash cycle. If the comforter is very dirt, you should start the wash cycle, and then pause it for about 30 minutes to allow the comforter to soak.
- Use cold water settings, for hot water will damage the comforter’s batting.
- Do not dry comforter in a dryer unless the care label specifically recommends it. Use a low-heat setting, and frequently check the comforter to make sure it does not get dry at any point.
- Remove the comforter from the dryer while it is still slightly damp.
- Hang the damp comforter in some chairs to let it dry.
- When comforter is completely dry, gently shake it to restore its fluffy.