Can you tell the difference between silk comforters and down comforters?
Both down comforters and silk comforters are wonderfully comfortable and provide many healthy-sleep benefits, but each one is unique in how it feels and performs. Can you separate down comforters from silk comforters?
Although both silk comforters and down comforters can help to retain and release body heat and moisture while you sleep, each fiber does it a little differently.
- Silk comforters can breathe and are good insulator, like wool.
- Silk comforters allow excess body heat and moisture to escape, but they still can maintain a dry, warm sleep environment.
- Silk comforters’ thermal warmth runs slightly “hotter” than wool.
- Silk holds and releases body heat at a different rate than wool and down.
- Luxury silk comforters are good at shedding excess body moisture to keep fiber dry.
- Mulberry silk comforters are the most hypoallergenic of all fabrics.
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: