To save the time of silk-screening, we can use the same image on the screen. However, if we want to directly use the same image, we have to clean the screen before storing or re-using it. Although it is very simple to complete the cleaning process, we should clean it after finishing the screen, for the paint left behind can destroy the screen.
Steps to Clean a Screen after Silk-Screening
- Use a rag to wipe off most of the excess ink on the screen.
- For any water-soluble ink, use soap and water. Mild water-based soap or cleanser works well.
- Use a cleaner cloth to add soap and water to the screen, and clear all the ink.
- Try hot water to remove the ink, if the paint is difficult to remove.
- Try to remove oily ink with alcohol. Soak a rag with alcohol and then use it to clean the screen. Use soap and water to clean the screen to remove any excess ink.
- Thoroughly rinse the screen to remove any soap and any other residue from the screen. Otherwise, they may affect the ink the next time you use the screen.
- Wait until the screen is completely dry before use.
If alcohol cannot remove oily ink, you can try paint thinner or gasoline.
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: