How to remove alcohol stains out of silk? Some silks support hand washing, but some require dry cleaning. Thus, before removing stains, you should read the care tag carefully. For washable silk, try the methods below to remove alcohol stains.
How to Remove Fresh Alcohol Stain
- Moisten a soft cloth or sponge with warm water.
- Blot the stained area until the alcohol is removed.
- Let it air dry.
How to Remove Dried Alcohol Stains
- Use warm to cool water to moisten the stained area.
- Apply glycerin onto the stain, and let it sit on the stain for half an hour.
- Rinse the silk with warm to cool water.
If the stain persists, try the following solution.
- Mix one part denatured alcohol with one part ammonia in a cup or bowl.
- Apply the mixture onto the stained area.
- Rinse the stained area completely with warm to cool water.
- For dry clean only silk, take it to dry cleaner. If the stain still remains, you should return and address this situation with cleaners and then they can immediately change cleaning methods.
- If the cleaned areas have watermarks, you can wash the entire garment and then quickly dry it by using a fan or hair dryer.
- Rinse silk completely to remove any chemicals.
- If you don’t know whether your silk is safe to wash, you can test a small, hidden area at first.