Silk clothing is elegant, delicate and beautiful. However, what should you do if there are some chocolate stains on your silk clothes? As we know, it is really difficult to remove chocolate stains from silk clothing. Now, is it possible to remove chocolate stains from silk? If you want to remove it, you can read the following part.
Steps to Remove Chocolate Stains from Silk
- Once you find chocolate, you should gently lift the chocolate off of the silk item with a blunt butter knife, a spoon or even a rigid piece of cardboard as quickly as you can to prevent it from setting into the silk.
- Before beginning your heavy-duty stain lifting, you should read the care tags on your silk garment carefully. Some chemicals cannot be used to remove the stain because of the delicate nature of silk.
- Remove the chocolate stain from the silk clothing by using a dab of a mild dish-washing soap or liquid hand soap and a soft cloth or clean sponge. Wipe the soap gently with warm water. Excessive scrubbing may tear or damage the fibers.
- Rinse the silk item. Dry it. You can let it air dry or put in the dryer in the air circulation to prevent contraction.
- Look at your silk when it is dried in natural light to determine if chocolate stains have been completely removed.
- If stains are still present, you can read the label on the bottle before use and then apply safe laundry stain pretreatment and wash again. You may need to wash your silk several times to completely remove the chocolate stains.
PandaSilk.com provides silk robes, silk pajamas & silk nightgowns.