If you mistakenly spill red wine on your favorite silk nightwear, don’t worry and you can remove it as long as you take the following solutions.
Solution 1: Dish soap and water
Rinse stains under cold, flowing water, then apply a small amount of liquid dishwashing detergent on the stain, and squeeze the cloth gently to allow the soap to pass through the stain.
Finally, rinse stains under cold, flowing water again, and then dry it.
Solution 2: Rubbing alcohol.
- Alcohol is not likely to leave a watermark on silk because it dries quickly. Apply 70% alcohol on the stain.
- If the item is large, pour the alcohol in a bowel, and then gently place the stained area into the bowl.
- Finally, use paper towels to absorb excess alcohol and dry the items.
Solution 3: Club Soda or Sparkling Water
If you’re at a party, you can apply club soda or sparkling water on the stain. Then, use paper towels to absorb excess liquid. Never rub or blot it
Finally, rinse the item with dish soap and water.
- Do not rub, twist, or twist silk. It is recommended to place paper towels or clean cloth on the spill for one minute or twice.
- Do not try to wash out spilled red wine with white wine.
- Never use salt or vinegar.
- Before the stain has completely disappeared, you should not expose the silk to hot water or drying heat.