Toddler pillows, easy to carry around, can be used to comfort for a toddler. However, do you know how to make a colorful toddler pillowcase?
- Measure the pillow, and add 1 inch to the width measurement and 4.25 inches to the length measurement. (If you don’t have a pillow, you can make a toddler pillow 15-by-21 inches and add the extra width and length measurement to make a pillowcase for a pillow this size.)
- Fold the fabric, with the wrong sides out and the right sides facing in.
- Position the folded fabric, and make sure the selvage edges are at the top and the folded edge is nearest to you.
- Straighten the fabric.
- Align the selvage edges.
- Measure the length of the pillowcase from the fold.
- Measure the width of the pillowcase parallel to the fold.
- Draw lines along these measurements, drawing the outline of the pillowcase.
- Cut pillowcases, but do not cut the folded edge.
- Fix the 2 length edges together.
- Use a ½-inch seam allowance to sew a straight seam along both length edges.
- Fold under the raw edge along the pillowcase opening ¼-inch and iron it.
- Sew this hem in place.
- Fold under the opening 2 inches and iron it.
- Sew this hem in place, sewing 1/8-inch away from each folded edge.
- Turn the pillowcase right side out.
- Press the entire pillowcase well.
- Fold the top 2 inches down along the pillowcase’s opening and press the fold.
- Fix this fold in place.
- Stitch each folding edge 1/8 inch.
- Remove the pins.
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: