Silk, a naturally strong fiber, can be preserved beautifully when properly cared for. Some silk blouses are suitable for dry cleaning only. If you wash them by hand, they may shrink, warp or fade. On the other hand, for washable silk clothing, you should treat them carefully.
How to Wash Silk Blouse with Machine
- Wash your silk blouse with a washing machine with silk-friendly cycle and the low temperature setting.
- Remove the blouse from the machine after the cycle completes.
Tip: If the washing machine doesn’t offer a short, gentle cycles, you had better hand wash your silk blouse.
How to Wash Silk Blouse by Hand
- Use a washing liquid or special powder to wash blouse in a clean basin or sink.
- Gently swish the blouse for three or four minutes.
- Do not scrub, or wring the blouse.
- Rinse the blouse in water to remove soap residue.
- Mix half a cup of white vinegar with a basin or bucket of fresh water.
- Use the mixture to rinse blouse.
- Never use bleach.
- Without proper washing powder or liquid for delicate items, you can try baby shampoo.
- Add a drop of conditioner to the rinse solution to nourish silk fibers.
- To recover new blouse with colorful pattern, you can add a commercial dye lock to the laundry to minimize the risk of color running.
- Do not rub stain or spillage.
- Gently blot stain area, wash it and dry it as soon as possible.
How to Dry Silk Blouse
- Place blouse flat on a towel.
- Roll towel up to gently squeeze out any excess water.
- Hang blouse on a rust-proof hanger in a cool, dry place.
- Never wring out silk clothing.
- You had better not place it in the tumble dryer on any other setting, as heat may damage it.
- Do not hang it on a wood for the dyes could stain the wood.
- Do not hang it on an outside line as direct sunlight causes fading.
How to Iron Silk Blouse
- Dampen the silk.
- Place a cloth on the silk.
- Set the iron to the “silk” setting or to a low temperature.
- Iron silk while it is slightly damp.
- Alternatively, hang the blouse in the bathroom before taking a hot shower, for the steam from the shower should be enough to remove any creases without leaving water spots.
How to Store Silk Blouse
- Dry the silk blouse.
- Hang it inside a cotton pillowcase to allow it to breathe.
- Hang the blouse on a hanger in a cool, dry place that is out of direct sunlight.
Tip: Never store it in a plastic garment bag.
- Silk Sleepwear: https://www.pandasilk.com/product-category/silk-clothing/silk-sleepwear/
- Silk Intimates & Lingerie: https://www.pandasilk.com/product-category/silk-clothing/silk-lingerie/