Almost every day, we sleep on bed sheets. However, most of us have little knowledge about bed sheet.
Bed sheet, including flat sheet and fitted sheet, can protect the mattress and make smooth surface for lying.
- Flat sheets will lie flat and originally are placed between the sleeper and the blanket. Flat sheets protect the blanket or the comforter from getting dirty
- Fitted sheets, whose corners are sewn into pocket-like corners and have elastic-lined edges to grip the mattress and keep the sheet in place, protect the mattress and ensure smooth and soft surface for the sleeping person to lie on.
The sheet size is based on the standard mattress size.
- Standard twin sheets are 66 by 96 inches for a flat sheet and 39 by 76 inches for fitted sheet.
- Double or full sheets are 81 by 96 inches for flat and 54 by 76 inches for fitted.
- Queen sheets are 91 by 102 for flat and 60 by 80 inches for fitted.
- King flat sheets are 108 by 102 inches for flat and 78 by 80 inches for fitted.
Sheets can be made of different materials.
- Flannel sheets can keep you warmer in winter.
- Jersey knit sheets are made from material similar to T-shirts and may be cotton, rayon, linen or a blend of materials.
- Satin sheets are available in a variety of colors and give you a smooth and luxurious feel. And, most commercial satin sheets, made of silk and manmade fabrics such as polyester and nylon acetate, have a slick texture and slightly shiny look.
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: