With envelope pillowcases, your bed as well as throw pillows will have polished look. Besides, you can easily put on and take off your pillowcase, thus you can easily switch up your décor. Here’s how to make an envelope pillow case.
- Place the end of your measuring tape on the seam at one end of the pillow, and measure across to the other to get the length of the pillow. Use the same way to get the width of the pillow. Then, add an inch to each measurement for seam allowances.
- Cut one piece of decorative fabric according to the measurements you just get.
- Add 8 inches to the length of pillow. Cut another piece of decorative fabric with identical width. Next, cut it into 2 equal pieces.
- Fold the open edge under by 1 inch, hot iron it, and hem one end of each pillowcase back piece edge. Fold and press the raw edge under again. Sew across the finished edge.
- Place pillowcase front piece on work surface right side up. Place both back pieces on top of the front piece right side down, line up all raw edges, forming the envelop opening. Pin the pillowcase pieces together.
- Use a 1/2-inch seam allowance to sew around all four edges of the pillowcase, and clip the corners.
- Turn the pillowcase right side out through the envelope opening, and then use pillow form to stuff it.
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: