Both bedspreads and bed covers are used to cover the bed. However, do you know the difference between bed covers and bedspreads?
|Coverage||Just cover the top of the bed||Cover the entire bed, up over the pillows, and down to the floor|
|Types||A bedspread, comforter and coverlet have padding or an insert sewn or quilted between their top and bottom layers.|
|Benefits||Require bed skirt.||Don’t require bed skirt as it covers the box spring and metal frame of the bed completely.|
- Never use bedspread on a bed frame with a footboard or a foot rail because it will not fall to the floor correctly.
- You have to use a type of bed cover.
- When deign bedding, you can use a combination of bed covers and bedspreads to decorate.
- It is recommended to fold duvet covers and comforters on top of a bedspread or coverlet at the foot of the bed to provide visual interest.
- Both bed covers and bedspreads are sold in standard sizes. If you have an extra-tall mattress, a platform bed or another unusual set up, you have to measure it at first to select the right bedding that will fit your bed