Both bedspreads and bed covers are used to cover the bed. However, do you know the difference between bed covers and bedspreads?
|Coverage||Just cover the top of the bed||Cover the entire bed, up over the pillows, and down to the floor|
|Types||A bedspread, comforter and coverlet have padding or an insert sewn or quilted between their top and bottom layers.|
|Benefits||Require bed skirt.||Don’t require bed skirt as it covers the box spring and metal frame of the bed completely.|
- Never use bedspread on a bed frame with a footboard or a foot rail because it will not fall to the floor correctly.
- You have to use a type of bed cover.
- When deign bedding, you can use a combination of bed covers and bedspreads to decorate.
- It is recommended to fold duvet covers and comforters on top of a bedspread or coverlet at the foot of the bed to provide visual interest.
- Both bed covers and bedspreads are sold in standard sizes. If you have an extra-tall mattress, a platform bed or another unusual set up, you have to measure it at first to select the right bedding that will fit your bed
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: