What depth of fitted sheet or mattress protector should you buy?
Do you know what depth of fitted sheet to buy? Do you know what depth of mattress protector to buy? The best rule is the deeper the better.
If the fitted sheets are not deep enough, they have not been fitting correctly and riding up at the sides. You need to understand the depth separately to the width and length of the mattress before buying a fitted sheet or mattress protector. For example:
- Super King extra deep fitted sheet: 6ft x 6ft 6″ (183 x 200cm) + 15″ (38cm) depth
- Super King extra deep mattress protector: 6ft x 6ft 6″ (183 x 200cm) + 15″ (38cm) depth
To avoid the common problem of your sheets coming off in the night, you had better buy your fitted sheet or mattress protector at least 2 – 3 inch (8cm) deeper than your mattress. This can also allow for a good tuck.
For instance, for a 12″ (30cm) mattress, you should put a 15″ (38cm) fitted sheet. You can use a 10″ (25cm), 11″ (28cm) or 12″ (30cm) fitted sheet if your mattress is only 8″ (20cm) deep. But, if you wish, you also can use an Extra Deep 15″ (38cm) on your 8″ (20cm) deep mattress.
Avoid buying the wrong size sheet. For example, a king size fitted sheet is deep enough for your king size bed.
It doesn’t matter if the sheet is too deep because the excess just tucks underneath the mattress as long as you are buying the correct size of width and length fitted sheet.
The best rule is the deeper the better. Your fitted sheet is still deep enough if you add mattress topper later.
- Mattress Topper Buying Guide – Types of Filling
- Types of Mattress Toppers
- How To Choose Mattress For Different Sleep Positions
- Memory Foam Mattress Topper vs. Feather Mattress Topper
- How Often Should We Replace Pillows, Duvets & Mattress
- How Deep Should Fitted Sheet or Mattress Protector Be
- What Size Mattress Goes In A Toddler Bed
- What Are the Benefits of a Feather Bed
- What Size Sheets For Pillow Top Mattress
- Fitted Sheets: History, Types, Function and Benefits