What should you do if there are some creases on the beautiful silk blouse that you need to wear the next day? Can we remove these creases from silk by using the solution for removing them from cotton? Of course, we cannot! Silk is a delicate fabric, and we must carefully treat it. There are three solutions of unwrinkling silk.
Solution 1: With Iron
- Open the iron to the silk setting, or “cool” or “subtle” setting if your iron doesn’t offer a silk setting.
- Then use it to gently pass over the creases of your shirt. Repeat this process until it disappears.
- Do not leave the iron in one place of the silk blouse for more than a few seconds.
- Silk Nighties
- Silk Intimates & Lingerie
Solution 2: Manual Steaming
- When you shower, hang the silk blouse to the bathroom (the door or a towel rack).
- Then you will find the steam will create humidity which can remove creases and wrinkles.
- Close the bathroom door tightly when you leave it to let humidity continue work in the shirt.
- To increase the humidity, you can place a humidifier in the bathroom.
Solution 3: Mechanical Steamer
- Hang the clothes.
- Open the steamer to let it heat up. If the indicator is lit, it is ready.
- Use the head of the steam hose to gently walk through the folds of your blouse. After several times, you will find the creases have disappeared.