Silk is famous for its luxury and smoothness. However, silk is often mistaken for delicate fabric. As a matter of fact, with proper care, silk cam can be preserved beautifully and can be used for many years. This article shows how to properly care for silk bed sheets (fitted sheets & flat sheets).
How to Wash Silk Bed Sheets
- Wash it by using a machine with lukewarm water (30°C) on most gentle cycle.
- Do not wash more than one silk item at a time.
- Use silk friendly detergent to wash it.
- Never bleach Silk Bed Sheet.
- Add some vinegar into the water when washing to make sheet more lustrous.
- Use new towel and flannelette (or alcohol + ammonium hydroxide) to remove stains or mildew from silk pajamas.
How to Dry Silk Bed Sheets
- Hang dry.
- If you plan to use drying machine, please choose a suitable tumble dry setting, and avoid drying for extended period of time.
How to Iron Silk Bed Sheets
- Dampen sheet.
- Turn sheet over.
- Iron it with a cool setting.
How to Store Silk Bed Sheet
- Fold silk bed sheet.
- Place it into a protective bag or lay it flat on wardrobe.
Shop for Silk Bed Sheets