There will be fewer wrinkles on the silk sheets after washing several times. In general, if you quickly remove the sheets from the drier, you don’t need to iron it. However, for stubborn wrinkles, you have to iron the silk sheets. Here’s how to get wrinkles out of silk.
- Use a lower heat setting or silk setting, and then slowly increase the heat if needed.
- Keep moving the iron over the silk. Do not keep it in the same place long.
- Iron from the back of the sheet (the side with the matte finish), helping reduce the chance of damaging the silk.
- You can iron silk sheets for a clean result with a little patience and caution.
- It is recommended to try these techniques on your silk bedding in a small section first before proceeding.