- Slip the target pillow into the pillowcase. King-size pillowcases are 35 inches long, but standard pillowcases are 30 inches long. You can allow more than usual of the pillowcase to lap over the end.
- Smooth the empty end of pillowcase.
- Secure it near the end of the pillow.
- Remove the pillow.
- Check the pin line and make sure it is straight and flat.
- Sew across the pillowcase an inch away from the pin line toward the seamed end.
- Remove the pins.
- Trim the seamed end of the pillowcase to within 1/2 inch of the new seam.
- Clip the two corners inward.
- Put two corners inward.
- Turn the pillowcase wrong side out.
- Enter the new seam to make sure the corners are turned smoothly and square.
- Sew across the pillowcase again to enclose all of the trimmed edge.
- Turn the pillowcase right side out.
- Put it on the pillow.
- Turn the pillowcase wrong side out before making the first seam, creating a tailored look.
- It requires more work to adjust pillow shams with flanges or other upholstery-type features.
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: