Silk is lightweight, feels good against the skin and comes in a vast array of colors. However, it is difficult to remove tape glue from silk. But, you should try.
Steps to Remove Tap Glue from Silk
- Lay a towel below a flat surface, and then place your silk on the surface.
- Cut the tape 6 inches or longer.
- Dip a Q-Tip or cotton ball in rubbing alcohol, and then use it to gently wipe the tape residue. First, test it on a small, inconspicuous area of your silk to make sure it doesn’t affect the color of the silk. The vinegar may be used in the same manner as the alternative of the rubbing alcohol.
- Use nails or a plastic scraper to scrape off any residue.
- Wash the silk according to the product description.
- If the tape problem persists, you should consult dry cleaner.
Do not wipe the fabric hard or wipe with a brush, as this may damage the silk. Harsh chemical cleaners are also not suitable for silk.