China kept knowledge of silk to maintain the Chinese monopoly for a long time in history. Today, silk, a natural protein fiber remaining unspoiled by chemicals of any kind, is the most luxurious bedding material. Although silk sheet is expensive, it is worth buying for its benefits are unparalleled.
- Silk, a perfectly smooth material, reduces irritation to the skin.
- Silk is naturally hypoallergenic because of its natural bi-layer protein structure.
- Silk, made from the cocoon of the silkworm, can protect it against natural resistance to dust mites, fungus and mold, in addition to many other allergens.
Silk is highly absorbent. High quality silk can absorb up to 30% of its weight in moisture without feeling damp. What’s more, silk will absorb perspiration while allowing the skin to breathe. Breathability is an exclusive characteristic of high-quality silk sheets.
Silk sheets not only offer luxurious and opulent feel but also offer the most comfort during sleep. Silk sheets are able to release excess heat while keeping you just warm enough due to an intrinsic property of silk. In other words, silk sheets can make you feel cool in hot days and warm in cold days.
- Silk fiber is strong.
- The filaments of the silk thread are highly resistant to mechanical forces.
- Compared with traditional cotton sheets sets, silk sheets are highly durable and will last much longer.
Silk sheets not only offer a noble feel but also ensure a stress-free sleep.
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: