No doubt, silk & satin will wrinkle. However, can we try the ordinary ironing and steaming solution to remove its wrinkle? As a matter of fact, we had better not use this method, for overheated iron may melt fibers, and separate steam cannot remove wrinkles from heavy-faced satin ball gowns.
Now, you can try pressing silk/ satin fabric to protect them from permanent scorch marks. Want to know more details?
Steps to Press Silk or Satin Fabric
- Determine the appropriate thermal setting of the iron according to the care label on the garment. Select the right temperature.
- Test the fabric at a hidden internal seam before ironing. Test for any potential fabric damage by ironing the hidden sutures in the garment.
- Turn over the silk/ satin, and then stretch it to through a padded ironing board
- Place a white towel, handkerchief or cotton diaper on the fabric.
- Gently press the iron on the silk/ satin fabric for a few seconds, use short, lifting and lowering movements to release wrinkles from the fabric.
- Before moving to another area, press the thickest or uneven part of the garment.
- Put the silk/ satin fabric on the ironing board to cool four or five minutes to prevent wrinkles and hot stamping.
- Hang the silk/ satin fabric on a hanger to keep its wrinkle-free and smooth.
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: