Fitted crib sheet is expensive, but it is a necessity. Now, we can make our own fitted crib sheets and customize crib linens to save a lot of money. Here, we show how to make a fitted crib sheet to fit a 28 inches wide, 52 1/4 inches long, and 6 inches thick mattress.
- Pre-wash the fabric measuring 45 inches wide and 72 inches long.
- Place the fabric on a flat working surface and open it flat.
- Cut an 8-inch-square notch from each corner.
- Match and pin the short raw edges at each corner.
- Use a 1/2 inch seam allowance to sew the pinned edges.
- Iron the seams open.
- Use zigzag stitch to sew the raw edges of the seam allowance.
- Fold the edges of the sheet by 1/4 inch to the wrong side of the fabric, and iron.
- Fold the edge over a 1/2 inch again, iron and pin.
- Top stitch to form a casing as close to the pinned edge as possible, leaving an inch opening in the corner of the sheet.
- Cut elastic measuring 1/4-inch-wide and 90 inches long.
- Connect the bodkin or safety pin to one end of the elastic.
- Thread the elastic through the opening of the casing and around the sheet.
- Remove the bodkin or safety pin.
- Use a zigzag stitch to sew the ends of the elastic together while both ends extending out of the casing.
- Place elastic back into the casing.
- Top-stitch the opening.
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: