Silk, a protein-based natural fiber produced by silk worms, is durable. However, it is also quite delicate. Most silk garments are “dry clean only”. However, you cannot take your silk decorative sofa to the cleaner, thus you will have to deal with the stain by yourself. However, how to remove stains (like oil, water, coffee or tea) from silk upholstery?
Remove Oil Stains
- Spread the corn starch onto the stain for 5-10 minutes to absorb the oil.
- Gently sweep away excess corn starch with a brush.
Remove Water Stains
- Mix one tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide with eight tablespoons of water in a bowl.
- Dip your cloth in the mixture solution and dampen the water stains.
- Use a dry cloth to absorb excess mixture from the silk trim.
Remove Coffee/Tea Stains
- Use a dry cloth to wipe stains to absorb excess coffee or tea.
- Rub a small amount of glycerin between the fingers, and apply it to stains.
- After 30 minutes, use sponge to rinse it with warm water.
- If there is a stain, please handle it immediately.
- Do not use irritating chemicals on your silk decorations, including bleach.