Silk can be used to make flowing gowns, blouses, ties and shirts. Unfortunately, perspiration stains can also happen to these clothes, and it is difficult to remove them from silk clothing. However, the good news is that as long as you find a proper cleaning solution, you can easily remove them.
Steps to Remove Perspiration Stains
- Mix the same amount of water and white vinegar, then soak a white cloth into this mixture and apply this cloth to the perspiration stain on the silk.
- Use the cloth to gently wipe the stain. Add more vinegar lotion as needed to lift stains from the fabric.
- Mix 1 tablespoon cream of tartar with two or three crushed aspirin in 1 or 2 tablespoons warm water. Then, apply this mixture to the stain for 20 minutes. (Note: this step should not use vinegar.)
- Rinse the silk fabric to remove the vinegar or tartar solution. Use a damp white cloth to blot the stain to remove the cleaners from the material.
- Never user undiluted vinegar on silk.
- Test a hidden area on the garment before using the vinegar solution.