If silk is well taken care of, it can be used for many years. And the most important thing for you is to wash silk correctly. The following information must be kept in mind when washing silk linens.
- Never use any bleach-containing laundry solution.
- In the second rinse cycle of washing silk, add 1/2 cup of distilled white vinegar to prevent it from becoming yellow.
- Use gentle detergent or gentle shampoo to wash silk by hand.
- Do not dry silk in any heat-setting dryer. (If you have to, you should use the non-heat tumble dry for a short period or a specific silk setting.)
- Hang the silk in a cool place to dry, for sun can fade it.
- For small silk item, you can place it on a towel, fold the edge of towel over the silk and roll up, and gently squeeze it to remove excess water.
- Use cold water to clean silk.
- If you have hard water, please use a small amount of Borax.
- Quickly remove stain from your silk.
- For protein stains like blood, you can try cold water and detergent to remove it.
- For tough stains, you can take it to dry cleaner to remove it.
- Hand washing is the best choice for silk. However, if you still want to wash it with a machine, you should use the gentle or hand wash cycle.
Did this article help you?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: